Thursday, April 19, 2012

Work in progress

Today, I'm feeling pretty proud of myself.  I really feel like I've gotten a lot accomplished.  For me, that is...  I finished 2 aprons while I was waiting for my new dress form to be delivered.  And I rephotographed all of  my craft/vendor aprons that I have in stock.  My photography skills are still not very well developed, but I am trying to practice a little at a time so that I will eventually be half-way decent at it...  Setting up my XL photo tent is still somewhat of a challenge, but at least I'm starting to get the hang of it.  However, I think I may need more "photo shoot" practice overall...
Oops!  Wrong button...  Where IS that timer anyway???
Yes, that's me...  I didn't have any other victims models here today to display the aprons on a human body, so I tried to make the best out of what I had to work with.  Overall, the pictures didn't turn out too bad.  And I only had to take 148,367 photos to get a handful of usable photos of each apron....  Progress indeed!

I got 3 new Sweetheart Aprons photographed and added to my Etsy shop this afternoon.  I didn't realize I had run out of every apron but one in this style in my shop until a customer asked me if it came in any other fabrics.  Oops!  I'm waiting for one more fabric delivery this week-- I may add one or two more Sweetheart Aprons before I move on to the next style...  Here's a peek at the new Sweethearts:


Navy Polka Dot
Lime Green Paisley
Aqua Paisley
This has pretty much been an all day assignment for me.  I was actually so preoccupied with this project today that I actually forgot to eat lunch!  What???  I know, right?  That NEVER happens!  And I also forgot to do a load of my husband's work clothes so that he doesn't have to go to work in his undies tomorrow... but that might just have been a selective-memory incident.

A.N.Y.W.A.Y...  Here's a quick look at a few of the new photos I took today for my Etsy shop.  I hope they show the aprons better than the previous apron photos.  We'll see how shoppers respond to the new display.  Time will tell.

Click here to go to the Craft/Vendor section of my shop to see more photos
This has been an awesome day all around, I must say...  But the absolute BEST part of my day was the email I got from my husband telling me not to worry about supper-- he was bring something home for me!!!  Woo hoo!!!  (He's a keeper, that's for sure!!!)   I'm a lucky, lucky girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment